☎️ CLICK TO CALL: (226) 506-5137
READ BELOW THE TOP 6 THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO WHEN YOU CLEAN YOUR TILE FLOOR:
Can you say UGH!? How frustrating is it to have gorgeous tile floors within your home, only for them to get soiled, dulled out and looking down right embarassing? Let's face it, anyone who's had tile floors within their home has dreaded the thought of guests coming over, because of how nasty and grimy the tile floors look.. I've been there too! Or how about entering a restaurant and seeing the grease just overflow the tile floor? Disgusting! Let me guess, you've tried just about EVERYTHING to keep them clean, yet somehow they ALWAYS end up looking worse, and worse. I get it. It's annoying and almost anxiety inducing! Well, as a professional cleaning service we've studied and implemented the BEST WAYS to keep your tile floors clean. And we want to share that with you, so you can enjoy a beautiful living space again. Oh, and did we mention, dirty tile floors are actually a feasting ground for pesky critters? The grease that builds up is delicious to them! I don't remember you sending out a dinner invitation to the neighbourhood ant family, do you?
Here are 6 simple cleaning techniques you can implement after your tile and grout is professionally cleaned, to ensure that your floors stay cleaner, longer.
1. Bleach, toilet bowl acid, and other cleaners a BAD CHOICE!: Bleach, toilet bowl cleaner and other like styled cleaners are EXTREMELY bad for your tiled floors. If you have a natural stone floor these cleaners will RUIN, yes, RUIN the stone. Additionally, these cleaners will literally eat away your grout lines, causing the tiles to crack and loosen over time. This creates an unsafe floor and as well could result in THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs. The truth is, if your floor is extremely soiled - DIY internet tips are never the proper solution and almost always going to do more harm than good down the line.
2. Stop using high pH cleaners, choose the right cleaning agent: High pH cleaning agents are notorious for effectively bonding to soils, but without proper rinsing, will leave your floors dirtier after every mop. Switch to a neutral pH cleaning agent. The neutral state of a neutral pH cleaning agent, leaves minimal residue behind. This means that instead of compounding dirt and oil, you'll be removing it instead.
3. Stop using a single bucket for your floor cleaning: When you use a single bucket, you are doing your floor an incredible dis-service. Each time you put the mop back into the bucket, you are soiling the water. Each time you use the soiled water, you are soiling the floor. Grout lines are especially porous and will absorb that dirty water, causing them to get soiled extremely quick. Use two buckets; one for fresh water and cleaning agent, the other for rinsing out the dirty mop.
4. Stop with the string mop: String mops are probably the worst mops you can use. They are extremely absorbent, oversized, and hard to rinse. Instead, use a sponge mop. Sponge-mops are extremely easy to rinse, and allow you to scrub the areas that need it, and spare the areas that don't.
5. Stop cleaning the whole floor: Sounds crazy, right? The truth is you likely, never, need to mop the entire floor. Keep your mopping to areas that need to be mopped. As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
6. Stop letting your floors air dry: Leaving your tile floors to air dry only allows any residual soil within the water to sit atop the floor, letting the floor dry dirty. Instead of air drying, make use of a spare towel, and absorb the water after you've mopped. This is especially important if you have a natural tile such as travertine, limestone, flagstone, etc.
If your floors are extremely soiled in need of rejuvenation, read below to find out how we inspect and professionally clean tile and grout in Windsor.
BONUS: To give your floors a nice sparkling finish after mopping them, use straight, club soda, mop on tile with a clean mop head, and yes you can let it air dry this time.
If you'd like to receive 20% off of professional tile and grout cleaning, fill out the contact form below!
We love our customers! Call us anytime with any questions, or concerns you may have about cleaning.
1501 Howard Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N8X 3R8, Canada